Wednesday 26 October 2011

I Spy old friends at Old Moor

Way back in September we went to Old Moor RSPB nature reserve for the first time.  It was one of those middling weather days - bit windy but dry and seasons turning to autumn.

They might look professional, but which one was only here for their I-Spy score?
Not knowing much about the birds, what really entranced me were sounds and sights of the wonderful grasses swaying and swishing along the water's edges - wish I'd taken my SLR along for better shots, but here goes.






and our wildlife below - but sadly only one of these earned a tick in the hallowed book ...


and a lovely day was had by all in the best of company

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely! I somehow had your blog fall off my reader - so catching up now!

    ReplyDelete